Metal-Lok Column Covers
For use in exterior or interior structural enclosures on vertical, sloped, or horizontal columns using a variety of geometrical shapes and joint designs including a butt or open 5/8” reveal to receive a recessed batten strip or backer rod and sealant. A smooth cladding material comprised of solid metal for applications over columns using concrete, structural steel, stud backup or within curtain wall designs.
Escape the limitations imposed by other metal fabricators: Metalwerks customizes column covers to meet nearly any design and engineering need. Designer’s have choices beyond typical cylindrical or square tubular cladding! Architects depend on our ability to go beyond normal industry standards.
Features and Benefits
- More abuse resistant than gypsum or fiberglass based products or Aluminum Composite materials.
- Ability to enclose interior or exterior horizontal and vertical structural steel or concrete columns.
- Available in several choices of custom-designed, durable, versatile, low-maintenance metals.
- Can be custom conformed to adapt to all types of geometric designs.
- Virtually limitless palette of finishes, colors and textures
- Typically manufactured in solid 1/8 or 3/16” thick aluminum materials. Plate panels are NOT a composite of laminated layers of plastic or insulation core materials.
- All panels are custom fabricated and not limited by minimum production runs or size limitations.
- All products are engineered and manufactured in-house.
- Easily curved, contoured to radii down to 6” using precision rolling techniques.
- Finishes are post applied after fabrication by licensed applicators to provide the highest quality of finish coverage.
- Panels are 100% recyclable after their useful life and are manufactured from materials with high post consumer and industrial content which can contribute to LEED credits.
- Available with no VOC Powder coat finishes.
- Solid aluminum materials allow for forming techniques on curves, 3D profiles and difficult transitions without unsightly splices or joints common in composite materials.
- Finish warranties up to 20 years. Consult factory for specific limitations.
- Enclosures for exposed columns beam or pilaster features.
- Glazed or non-glazed Curtain wall applications.
- Custom Duct Enclosures.
- Enhanced interior lobby aesthetics.
- Available with articulations, reveals and appliqués.
Click here for more information.