Sallie Mae Headquarters Exterior Renovation
Metal Sales & Service Inc secures contract with Nason Construction [Wilmington DE] to complete the metal panel work for the building’s exterior renovation.
read more »
Metalwërks Arcwall Plate PERS
For use in exterior wall cladding when the A/E desires a solid aluminum, high performance, dry-joint, pressure equalized rain screen exterior cladding system. A smooth cladding material comprised of 1/8” thick Aluminum for insulated and/or non-insulated cladding applications over continuous masonry or stud/sheathing substrates where a suitable air/water barrier can be applied. Flexible joint designs enable the designer to articulate almost any vertical and horizontal joint rhythm or pattern.
Features and Benefits:
- All products are engineered and manufactured in-house. Fully tested to meet or exceed performance values mandated by AAMA 508-07.
- System designed for almost instantaneous pressure equalization which dampens the capillary action created by negative pressure and vapor drive from exterior to interior associated with sealed systems.
- Self Alignment: Adjustable 2 piece furring allows wall substrate to be plumbed prior to panel installation to create a flat plane with minimal deviations from vertical. This design, unlike other rain screen systems, also facilitates sealing the system to the air water barrier by eliminating shims.
- Standard 5/8” wide vertical and horizontal joints are open to minimize dirt and maximize the appearance. No exposed sealants to retain dirt and create streaking.
- Internal gutters use concealed silicone gaskets to fully express a 1 ¾” joint depth. Consult Sales for alternative design options.
- Panels are secure yet free floating to accommodate thermal expansion and contraction due to the interlocking horizontal joint.
- All panels are custom fabricated and not limited by minimum production runs in standard or custom colors
- Panel finishes are applied post fabrication for complete coverage-no seams.
- Superior impact resistance to Composite material or foamed in place panels.
- Panel unit and stiffeners are welded during assembly for superior stiffness.
- Panel corners are shop welded and ground smooth for a seamless appearance.
- Back cut corners are available for a crisper perimeter joint.
- Any vertical exterior wall surface application with continuous air/water barrier.
- Articulations: Rain Screen Wall Cladding Systems rely on gravity to drain water out of the wall cavity. All horizontal surfaces should be sealed which include copings, soffits, and sloped conditions. To minimize water penetration, all perimeter conditions to be sealed. Accents applied to face of panel that do not interrupt the air water barrier may not require sealant. Consult Sales for design options.
- Where panel systems attach to studs through exterior sheathing; CMU Block walls and Concrete substrates.
- Solid Aluminum panels are particularly useful where metal panels are used in pedestrian areas due to superior impact performance comparable to other metal panel cladding products
- For use on LEED projects- consult our staff for specific areas of contribution.
- Enclosures for exposed columns, beam or pilaster features can also be clad using a similar design appearance.
Click here for more information on Arcwall Plate PERS.
<< back to top